What’s super easy and so yummy that even picky eaters love it?? This Instant Pot honey garlic chicken recipe! It’s sweet, savory, and bursting with flavor. You can use whatever chicken you have on hand: thighs, breast pieces, or even wings! Serve it with veggies and rice for a perfect healthy dinner families will love.
Bonus: it can also be baked in the slow cooker!
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in or boneless
- 1/2 cup home-made chicken broth
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Bragg liquid aminos or traditionally fermented soy sauce
- 1/2 cup home-made ketchup or organic ketchup (pls click the link to get the recipe DIY ketchup. Do not use commercial ketchup for the sake of our children).
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- organic sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- add 2 drops doTerra Wild Orange Essential oil (optional)
Mix broth, honey, liquid aminos, wild orange essential oil, home-made ketchup, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and sesame oil together in insert pot of pressure cooker.
Add chicken thighs.
If using an electric cooker, set to high pressure for 20 minutes. If using a stove-top cooker, bring to high pressure and maintain for 15 minutes.
When cycle is complete, turn off (if electric cooker) or remove from heat (if stovetop cooker).
Quick release pressure.
Carefully open lid once pressure has released.
Serve over rice and top with chopped fresh parsley and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, if desired.
Slow Cooker Variation
Omit chicken broth. Add chicken thighs to the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix honey, liquid aminos, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and sesame oil together. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker with lid.
Cook 4 to 5 hours on LOW or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH. If using frozen chicken, add 1 hour of cook time to ensure doneness. Top with chopped fresh parsley and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 1400mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken