Healthy Instant Pot Thai Lemongrass Chicken is a delicious addition to your weekday dinner meals, and it’s a cozy and hearty meal. This savory meal is full of ginger and lemongrass with subtle hints of mint, coconut, and curry.
One of my favourite kitchen tools is the Instant Pot. It helps me save a lot of busy time. I love how fast it cooks up my favorite meals. The Instant Pot cooks up roasts, corned beef, ribs, soups, pasta dishes, delicious drinks, healthy snacks and even sweet treats so much faster than a slow cooker!
The Healthy Instant Pot Thai Lemongrass Chicken is so yummy and full of beautiful flavors. Ginger, lemongrass and lime come together so perfectly in this dish. With creamy coconut, mild curry and mint in the background, this meal is sure to please.
My family loves to enjoy the Thai Lemongrass Chicken with organic Jasmine rice, topped with fresh cilantro and squeezes of fresh lime juice. It’s lovely with a green veggie like roasted broccoli, sautéed kale, or even served on top of a salad. My husband’s favorite way to enjoy salads is with a warm addition to the salad.
This meal is so easy to throw together during weekday nights too. It comes together super fast with prep and cook time in under 30 minutes! That’s just one of the things I love about the Instant Pot. Meals cook up so fast and meat dishes turn out perfect every time.
TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF COOKING
Sign-up FREE FAMILY MEALS Weekly Menu Prep Planning. It’s including with recipes & a grocery list, and Health Tips.
Healthy Instant Pot Thai Chicken is a delicious addition to your weekday dinners. This savory meal is full of ginger and lemongrass with subtle hints of mint, coconut, and curry.
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 inch turmeric ginger
- 5 fresh garlic cloves
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 21/2 sticks lemongrass
- 3 red chilli (remove seeds if you’ve kids can’t take spicy)
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- avocado oil or Coconut oil
- 15 small mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (<– this is my favorite sea salt)
- ½ cup organic full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken bone broth or store-bought bone broth
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 3–4 drops doTerra Lemongrass essential oil.
- Put all garlic, turmeric, shallots, lemongrass, red chilli, lime juice into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken tight dry and cut into cute pieces. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the Instant Pot by plugging in. Press “Saute” and add coconut oil to Instant Pot. Add the ginger and lemongrass paste, saute for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until pink colour is gone.
- Turn the Instant Pot off by pressing “Keep Warm/Cancel”. Add the lime zest, lime juice, lemongrass, mint leaves, curry powder, coconut milk, bone broth, lemongrass essential oil and coconut aminos, stir to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the steam release valve is sealed. Press “Poultry” and reduce time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done and beeps, press “Keep Warm/Cancel”, unplug and use an oven mitt to “quick release”/open the steam release valve. When the steam venting stops and the silver dial drops, carefully open the lid.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and serve with brown rice or steamed millet.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 800
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 2600mg
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 35g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 52g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
Keywords: Lemongrass Chicken
Will you try this Lemongrass Chicken? Which do you use more often: the Instant Pot or a slow cooker?
How do you like to prepare them? I would like to love you share your comments!
Love This Recipe? Spread The Word!
Please LIKE and SHARE This Recipe. Pls click the left side Facebook icon share with your friends and Love one!
To Your Health Longevity & Vitality,
Integrative Nutrition & Life Coach | Aromatherapist